“Let’s do this together” with Dr. Nate Regier
Power Quote: Conflict has a purpose
One of the most frequent things I’m asked about is how to have difficult conversation. I have some thoughts, but I’m not an expert. That’s why today’s guest is here. What if we looked at conflict as an opportunity? What if accountability was something we did with people instead of to them? And what if through the process of helping people be responsible, we were also helping them be authentic human beings, increasing their agency and self-worth through the accountability process? Sound too good to be true? It’s not, and Nate Regier is going to help us learn how to do it.
“Nate Regier, PhD, is the CEO and founding owner of Next Element Consulting, a global leadership consulting and training firm helping build cultures of compassionate accountability. Dr. Regier is a former practicing psychologist and expert in social-emotional intelligence, interpersonal communication, conflict skills, and leadership. Recognized as a Top 100 keynote speaker, he is a Process Communication Model® Certifying Master Trainer. Nate is the author of four books: Beyond Drama; Conflict without Casualties; Seeing People Through; and his newest book, Compassionate Accountability. He hosts a podcast called “On Compassion with Dr. Nate,” writes a weekly blog, contributes to multiple industry publications, and is a regular guest on podcasts.”
· We always like to start with a celebration. What are you celebrating today?
· Is there a story that will help listeners understand why you are doing what you do?
Welcome back! We last heard from you back in July in episode 143
· Difference between empathy and compassion
· Helping people be accountable versus holding them accountable?
· Accountability as a relationship, not an action
· New teacher struggling, but sometimes leader doesn’t know how to support?
· ORPO for a struggling new teacher
· What part of your own leadership are you still trying to get better at?
· If listeners could take just one thing away from today’s podcast, what would it be?
· Before we go, is there anything else that you’d like to share with our listeners?
· Where can people learn more about you and your work…
· Leadership is a journey and thank you for choosing to walk some of this magical path with me.
· You can find links to all sorts of stuff in the show notes, including my website https://www.frederickbuskey.com/
· I love hearing from you so consider email me at email@example.com or connecting with me on LinkedIn.
· Please remember to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast.
· Have a great rest of the week, be present for others and, more importantly, take time to reflect and recover so you can continue to live and lead better.
Daily Email subscribe: https://adept-experimenter-3588.ck.page/fdf37cbf3a